Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chris, from my previous post, copied here again: Took me…

Customer Question
Chris, from my previous post...
Chris, from my previous post, copied here again:
Took me awhile to get back to the car, but after installing the throttle body, got it adjusted with the little tool that came with the new one, and the engine is running great again.Also, one other thing.... after filling up the gas tank, the fuel gauge goes to full, but when it drops to half a tank, the fuel needle drops down to empty and the dash board readout shows zero miles to empty, even though the engine still runs and still has fuel in the tank.
I know the tank is split under the back seat, half on the passenger side and half on the driver's side. Taking out the fuel pump/pickup on each side shows no fuel on the passenger side, but fuel still on the driver's side.
So could one of the fuel guages or pickups be bad?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

This is going to be a faulty fuel sender or wire failure or instrument cluster issue. Below are the diagnostic steps to see which it is plus the wire diagram.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdqie7mac03t89i/mustangfuel.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0n45ap8o5bmxwv/mustangfuelsender.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris