Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2 codes p1633 And p0511. I have a scan tool but

Customer Question
I have 2 codes...
I have 2 codes p1633
And p0511.
I have a scan tool but didn't try to reset eighter code
But the car dies when cold. Until it warms up
And then runs a little rough
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, the first code is with the idle air control valve circuit. Inspect for any vacuum leaks, especially in the pcv system and valve cover to air inlet tube at the throttle body. Clear the codes and recheck. If the same codes come back, Clean the throttle body if there is carbon build up. Otherwise go ahead and replace the idle air control valve. The second code is saying the keep alive memory for the powertrain control module voltage is low. This may be caused by the need to reprogram the PCM. Or the pcm itself is having an issue. Reflash it first if the code comes back and retest before replacing the pcm.

I will check it tomorrow it's cold and dark now thanks for the info

You are welcome.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

I checked it out their was a blown fuse
And it idles ok. I tried to clear the codes
But it still says check charging system

Still says? I dont see any mention of a charging system issue? Is it charging? Was anything replaced for the charging system ?

Hello?

The original problem was the serpentine belt broke and the battery went dead
So I had it towed home
But it said check charging system
Before that happened and that was one of the codes But it is charging
I tested it. I think that is the pcm code
The 2nd code and problem with the idle
Went away when I replaced a burnt out fuse.

Neither ode is for a charging system issue unless there is another code stored ??? What caused the belt to break? You replaced the serpentine belt and its charging but it says check charging system?

I tried to clear the code but the check charging system still shows on the dash
But I get no code with my code reader
And the battery light still lights up in the dash

Ok, if its charging but there are no codes ut the battery liht stays on, then there is most likely a bad diode in the altenator and that will need to be replaced.

I need a new altenator

Thats what it looks like, the pcm controls the charging system. Long as the altenator is getting power then one of its diodes is bad and the altenator needs to be replaced.

Ok I will get a new one and see what happens tomorrow
Thanks

You are welcome. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.