Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I ave a 2012 GMC TERRAIN and it suddenly started running bad…

Customer Question
I ave a 2012...

I ave a 2012 GMC TERRAIN and it suddenly started running bad and stalling at low speed, but runs fine after taking off. It has3/4 tank of gas and has run fine for the first 1/4 of fuel, do they have an inline fuel filter. I haven't found a manual for this car,help needed,thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have a Actron scanner and im not getting any codes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gary, Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

these do not have any inline fuel filters

they use a screen on the bottom of the fuel pump in the tank

and there are no history or current codes set in the computer ?

does the check engine light ever come on when its acting up ?

No codes ever, we bought the car new and has 88000 miles on it, no check engine light, I really think it is bad fuel but cant understand why it would run bad after a 1/4 of tank

i agree with no codes the odds are there is water in the fuel tank and or bad fuel

usually when they act up only at a 1/4 or below you got a fuel load with some water in it

with no codes set the next step is to have the tank drained out and add new fuel

that should correct this issue

if it still acts up only at 1/4 and below then there is usually a fuel pump in tank or fuel pick up issue in the tank

right now that is all we have to go on

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

how are you making out ?