Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P205c. 2012 f350 6.7 ps. I haven't tried anything yet. I'm…

Customer Question
2012 f350 6.7 ps ...

2012 f350 6.7 ps

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet . I'm currently or just researching it .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that is going on 125,000 miles, a check engine light with that code, and it is sluggish when under load

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on. I've cleared the code before and it comes back within about an hour .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The code that you have provided indicates an issue with the reductant tank temperature sensor. In order to cure this issue, you will more than likely need to replace the reductant heater and sender assembly. This component also, contains the temperature sensor. Here, I am attaching code and vehicle specific information for the code that you have provided, which includes testing and probable causes.

Can you send me parts numbers

Here, I am attaching the replacement information for this component along with description and operation of the components in the system.

Ford has only supplied part information for the complete pump assembly(which is always best). For the part number of just the heater, you will need to contact the dealer. Here, I am attaching parts and labor information. Labor pricing is listed in hours and depends on the hourly rate of the shop.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.