Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced liftgate latch on 2011 Ford Escape now it says…

Customer Question
Hi I replaced liftgate...

Hi I replaced liftgate latch on 2011 Ford Escape now it says liftgate/glass ajar and dome light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know what to look for

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to know how to fix it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 8 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Did you replace the liftgate latch or the liftgate glass latch?

lift gate not glass

Did you replace the latch for the ajar light being on? Or did it just not release?

would not release

Ok. If it now says ajar, you want to make sure the connector is seated fully for the latch. Also make sure the striker on the bottom is adjusted correctly, far enough out for the latch to completey close and turn the light off.

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

I will have to wait til tomorrow to check it can I check back with you after that

Yes that is fine. Just so you know, even after rating this chat with the stars above, this chat will remain open so you can come back when you can for further questions. Thanks.