Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The tail lights are dim, both signals blink when I turn one…

Customer Question
The tail lights are...

The tail lights are dim, both signals blink when I turn one on, but dim and when I step on the brakes they either get faster or slower, can't remember and when foot comes off the brakes they do the opposite

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

No, neither

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 f250 diesel power stroke

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is also a constant diesel fumes smell in the cab when it's idoling or moving and it seems to not have the power it should have. Never had a diesel before so very much in the dark

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Which concern would you like me to help you address the engine concerns o the electrical lighting issue?

Electrical

Do you own a digital voltmeter and understand wire diagrams and wire testing?

Has anyone altered the wiring especially to the trailer tow connector?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris