Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to find the locations of the camshaft and Crankshaft…

Need to find the...

Need to find the locations of the camshaft and Crankshaft sensors on my 2014 Explorer Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford Explorer Sport. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes, its throwing a P0016 code intermittenly

11/25/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Below are links to location images and replacement steps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnpllsl5nsnpu4o/cmp1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2njhli7wn7n0kv/CKP1.pdf?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Chris thses images are extremely helpful, but I'm not as intimately familar as you are with this engine. Can you tell me if these are left side or right side if I'm standing in front of the vehicle with the hood up. Also are these better accessed from the top or from under the vehicle.
Thanks
Ed
Chris am I correct in assuming that one of the turbo chargers has to be remove to access the crankshaft sensor? If so please provide images and procedure for turbo removal. Thanks Ed

The CMP sensors are on the back of these engines where the flywheel is. You are looking at the back of the engine from the driver's fender looking towards the passenger fender. Accessed from above.

Turbo removal steps https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm3ois4p3h9vmin/LHturbo.pdf?dl=0

The CKP is on the side of the engine facing the radiator at the back of the engine where it meets the transaxle. Accessed from above or below.