Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm getting "CD error" on my Ford Edge 2008 6 CD player.

Customer Question
I'm getting "CD error"...

I'm getting "CD error" on my Ford Edge 2008 6 CD player. Looks like it was due to a battery change. They say taking the unit out and leaving it unplugged for 5 min is the way to fix it. How do I take it out/unplug it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

New used car so no, this was the 1st time.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

My EDGE is a 2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

What is MINI?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Instead of removing the unit and unplugging it, do this: disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 to 10 minutes. That will work the same as unplugging the unit and is much easier. If the problem continues after doing that, then there is a problem with the unit and it will need to be replaced or repaired.

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer and/or need any further help.Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer from a few days ago. I have not heard back from you. If for some reason you did not get it, please let me know and I will send it again.

Chris