Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have o aford transit 2008 2.2L i lost my fob key i just…

Customer Question
I have o aford...

I have o aford transit 2008 2.2L i lost my fob key i just buy one from ebay

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Not yet the transit not coming to programing mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?

I try the method off - on 8 times ending to on i try on - off 4 times ending off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not have the original remote control i have the other one . can this key bring the transit to the programing mode?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
11/26/2017
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The customer program method is for additional key fobs and requires a functional fob to enter programming mode. If you don't have one fob that works then there isn't a way to enter programming mode. A scan tool will need to be used to program your replacement fob.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.