Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No fire to fuel pump, checked relays and that's not the

Customer Question
No fire to fuel...

No fire to fuel pump, checked relays and that's not the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

I bought used with 200k plus,but hwy miles. It immaculate, they told me it was the pump and I no reason to doubt them. After two days of swapping this and that i came to the conclusion that it was NOT the pump. I confirmed this by testing the pump with jumper wire.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

I can spray ether and it trust to cramk, but with the key nothing. I can pull relay and jump straight across and I can hear pump running and can prick the pressure peacock and fuel goes everywhere. So it's pumping it ,when it co.es on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your ES?

97explorer xlt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've changed pumps, checked relays .bypassed relay and found out pump does work ,just not by the switch through the relay. It tries to crank on ether.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The answer, I've also checked the switch on passenger side to,it was not tripped!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
11/25/2017
Ford Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will assisting you today. I under stand your issue. Have you tested the connector to the fuel pump, to see if it is getting power and ground?

Also, is this vehicle a 4.0l or 5.0l?

Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Your next step is to check for relay ground from the PCM while cranking the engine. With a test light connected to battery positive check for ground at pin 86 in the relay socket cavity. Let me know what you find.