Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2008 Lincoln Navigator and its been running

initially rough when the weather...
I have a 2008 Lincoln Navigator and its been running initially rough when the weather is cold in the morning with the check engine light flashing and it eventually goes off. Today it came on and stayed on and it seemed to be running a little rough, not to bad. It has about 147,000 miles on it?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It is staying on now
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No guess I will take it to be repaired, just curious. I figured it has something to do with a catalytic converter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/25/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
thanks

The check engine light flashing means the computer is seeing a direct engine misfire and that would also caused the engine to run rough. When the light flashed and or stays on the computer will detect which cylinder is misfiring and set a code of it. In most cases this type of misfire is usually either a failing spark plug or a bad coil. A scan of the computer system would tell you which cylinder it is as well. Most auto parts store such as Auto Zone will do a scan for you at no charge. Are you fixing this your self?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
no just wanted the info to give my mechanic. I. was planning a 120 mile trip tomorrow, if so could it possibly stall on me
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
did I lose u

No, Im here. Did you not see my post above, if not here it is again.

Customer

JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It is staying on now
JA: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No guess I will take it to be repaired, just curious. I figured it has something to do with a catalytic converter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

24 Nov 2017, 5:08 PM

Me

24 Nov 2017, 5:09 PM

Customer

thanks

24 Nov 2017, 5:10 PM

Customer has requested a Phone Call

24 Nov 2017, 5:11 PM

Me

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I ask if it would be ok to use it for a short trip
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
did my question come through?

Your fine to drive it as long as the check engine light is on solid, if its starts blinking again then you do not want to drive it as it will cause damage to the catalytic converter. This dose need to be addressed ASAP>

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
thank you so much

Your very welcome and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Cary York
Phone call session started
Ron, ASE Certified Technician