Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I heard that the ford 5.4 liter engine can blow out the

Customer Question

I heard that the ford 5.4 liter engine can blow out the spark plugs, how often does this happen
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 Ford F-150 triton xlt
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Service engine light comes on. Have replaced fuel filter, egc valve, and the air filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want the service engine light to go out, comes back on after replacing all those things
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

The 5.4 dose have a history of blowing out spark plugs but its not as common as most say. If your check engine light is coming on then the computer is seeing a system fault and setting a fault code and or codes. Do you know what the fault codes are that are setting?