Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

NY car is not running hot but my coolant resoviur is

Customer Question
NY car is not...

NY car is not running hot but my coolant resoviur is boiling

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

There are no leaks other than from the cap

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 ford Taurus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and nothing I just recently replaced water pump

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Ford
11/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Possible causes that best fit this concern are a faulty cap, or a headgasket leak or head crack. Are you able to run a compression test and using a cooling system tester to check the cap?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician