Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 F250 Platinum with dual zone temperature

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 F250 Platinum with dual zone temperature control The problem is I have to go to the “Hi” (above 84 deg F) to get heat.Then turn it down after. Regardless it does not seem to hold “my temp” settings

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

123,009 and no I havent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing, just trying to determine if I can diagnose

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I noticed that the fan speed does not appear to be responding in Auto mode. I can adjust manually.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
The problem appears to be common to both driver and pass settings.
11/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. The only way to find out whats going on is to have a scan tool pull the fault codes from the ac control module. A generic code reader will not do this and a scan tool with multi-capabilities will be needed.

hows it going?