Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I stop in traffic and step on the accelerator the care…

Customer Question
When I stop in...

When I stop in traffic and step on the accelerator the care is revving but is hardly moving . Then the car will jerk ahead and the tracking light goes on and the wrench light will come on. I took it back to the dealer and he stated he could not find the problem. It still is having the same problem and now the engine light is on. It does not happen all the time maybe that is why they cannot find the problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No it has not stalled when I took it to the dealership he stated he used the computer and could not find a problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No as I stated I took it to the dealership. They told me they cannot find a problem

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good evening I hope you are doing great. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this.It sounds to me like we may have an intermittent sensor issue, most likely the transmission speed/input sensor. Since the check engine light is on that means there will now be a trouble code stored in the system and they will be able to use that for direction in the diagnosis of it. The wrench/traction lights will not save a code for diagnostics, but the check engine light will. I would suggest giving them a call and checking if they can re-scan it now