Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The key fob has stopped working. It is only about three

Customer Question
The key fob has...

The key fob has stopped working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

It is only about three months old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

Fiesta 2017

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really cant see how to get to the battery - car is locked so cant get in

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/24/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good evening, I hope you are doing great.This is hopefully just a battery issue, but if not it will have to be taken to your dealer to get the system scanned/programmed.To remove the battery you will need to gently split the fob case open using a small flat blade screwdriver, insert it along the seam where the fob halves connect and then twist the screwdriver to pop it apart, once it is taken apart the battery will pop right out
Still trying to open the key fob
New battery has not helped
Ahh shoot that's what I was afraid of. If the battery did not help then either the fob has failed or there is an issue with the receiver getting signal from the fob. This will still be covered by your factory warranty