Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can start for a second by squirting starter fluid directly…

Can start for a...

Can start for a second by squirting starter fluid directly into air intake. Dies immediatly and won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Not a battery prob. Appears to be a fuel prob.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1990 explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Haven't checked fuel filter or pump or fuel relay switch

11/24/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok can you hear the fuel pump come on with the key on??

Roy

Plan to try that in the morning.....and if it's not?

check the fuses with a test light. check for power on both sides.

check the inertia switch, make sure the button is pushed down. it should be at the right kick panel

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Phone call session started