Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have 2002 F350 dually with V10 engine. Two problems, first…

I have 2002 F350 dually...
I have 2002 F350 dually with V10 engine. Two problems, first my interior lights will sometimes stay on after opening doors along with cargo light even after a long period of time. Sometimes the interior light won’t ever shut off. The key buzzer keeps going off when turn key off and will keep buzzing long after I have left vehicle. A door ajar warning light appears even when all doors are completely shut. Second problem is the transmission but will discuss this later
11/24/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The light, buzzer, and door ajar issue is a door ajar sensor sticking or one that has broken wires.

Which cab do you have, do you have a digital volt ohm meter, can you do some wire testing? If so I can help you diagnose this.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
I have a crew cab
Where do I find this sensor

Do you have a digital volt ohm meter, can you do some wire testing? If so I can help you diagnose this.

The sensors are in the doors on the latch but we are not going to test there first until we figure out which is to blame.