Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

Cruise control stopped working. Could it be a fuse? Control

Customer Question

Cruise control stopped working. Could it be a fuse? Control buttons on steeri
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: 7.5 gas
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 1988 f250 XLT Lariat 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Internet chasing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not a certified tech, but have base knowledge.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 12 months ago.

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello- Yes, I still need help. What are the most common reasons for this failure?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
For a little while before it went completely out, I would have to push the cruise “on” button a couple of times before it would actually turn on. After that, it would sometimes kick off on uphill climbs (not hauling anything in either case). Don’t know if any of that helps.
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 11 months ago.

OK MOST LIKLEY WE HAVE A VACUM LEAK ISSUE HERE SO CHECK VACUM SYSTEM FOR ANY LEAKS FIRST

READ BELOW HOW SYSTEM WORKS , IF VACUM GOO CHECK SERVO THEN GO TO SWITCH

1988 Ford Truck F 250 2WD Pickup V8-7.3L DSL

DESCRIPTION The speed control system is composed of On-Off, Set-Acc, Coast and Resume (if equipped) switches. The system contains vacuum hoses, servo (throttle actuator) assembly, speed sensor, amplifier, check valve assembly, and depending on model and year, a clutch switch, stop light switch or vacuum dump valve. Models with resume, also use a vacuum reserve tank.

OPERATION To operate speed control system, engine must be running and vehicle speed must exceed 30 mph. When On-Off switch is actuated, the system is ready to accept a set speed signal. With On switch engaged, vehicle speed exceeding 30 mph and stable, depress the Set-Acc button. The speed now set will be maintained until brake pedal is depressed, system is turned off or a new speed has been set.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today.
If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated.
However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!