Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2010 eddie bauer and the fan would blow at only one

Customer Question
My 2010 eddie bauer...

My 2010 eddie bauer and the fan would blow at only one speed...I could turn it off with the key off and turn it on....I changed the resistor under the glove compartment...now it turns on ok but shuts off when the fan motor is turned on high.....a little later it will turn back on......if I turn the fan lower it will restart

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It is in park right now......have not put in drive since I installed new part.......I did disconnect the positive side of battery to allow reset.....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Ford?

Eddie bauer 2010 expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just changed the resistor under the glove compartment ..disconnected the battery and turned on car...a couple of times

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all ive done

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 5 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

the first thing that comes to mind is the connector for the resistor. make sure there are no burned pins or bad connections.

Roy

We checked that and not issue..we can put old part in and it still runs at only one speed

let me find a diagram for you

automatic climate control or manual control??

Automatically

thanks

I know..the part was identical to one took out except the color of fins.,on silver one black but nothing else makes sense ..it appears too sensitive to temp like an improperly calibration on home ac/heater

if your old one had no high bloer, the resistor was the issue.

if the new one has only high speed, you may have a bad new resistor.

I would get another replacement

Roy

Ok..the new has all except high..that's when it starts turning on and off..runs then stops in few seconds the in minute or turns on the off.. otherwise runs ok.,.

I would say to check the high blower relay but it works fine with your old relay.

it only leaves the resistor.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

do you still need help???

Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 4 months ago

any update???

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest