Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can a Ac compressor from a 2005 F150 work on a 1992 F150?

Customer Question
Can a Ac compressor...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

What is happening is the compressor on the 92 isn't working and it burned the belt. So my question is will a 2005 F150 compressor work on a 92

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Replaced serpentine belt and compressor not turning burned the belt up

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 10 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engines do both trucks have in them?

Ones a 5.6 other 5.8
Hello

Let me look them both up for you. Be right back.

The 92 truck uses a 4 bolt compressor, and the 05 uses a 3 bolt, so no they will not interchange.

Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 9 months ago

Just wanted to check in on you and see how things are going.