Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Does the 2015 expedition have a weight sensor to turn off…

Customer Question
Does the 2015 expedition...

Does the 2015 expedition have a weight sensor to turn off the passenger airbag when a child is in the passenger seat

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I just asking if a 50 lb child is riding in the front seat does the passenger airbag turn off, there is not a indicator light that i can see

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im just asking if passenger air bag turns off when a adult is not in from seat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/23/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 7 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Your Expedition doe not have the occupant cliassification system. THat system knows, from sensors in the seat, the weight of the occupant to turn off the airbag. Tat is why there is no light that turns on to indicate that the airbag is off.

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have further questions on this? Also please take a quick moment to rate my assistance with the stars above. Thanks.