Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

BLOWER MOTOR ON WITH IGNITION SWITCH IN OFF POSITION,

REPLACED IGNITION SWITCH- PULLED FUSE...
BLOWER MOTOR ON WITH IGNITION SWITCH IN OFF POSITION, REPLACED IGNITION SWITCH- PULLED FUSE 20 AND 21 AND GEM AND STILL RUNS.....
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: 2001 F250 5.4L 4X4
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES MY SELF, AND HAVE TRYED RELAYS , IGN SWITCH,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: WATER HAS RAN BEHIND FUSE PANEL, BEEN DRYING INSIDE FOR 3 DAYS
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/22/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Does it shut off when unplugging the control panel?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Control panel?

The controller in dash that you use to control speed settings. Or have you tried to remove the blower motor relay in fuse box under hood?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
checking

Thanks, ***** ***** know.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ok with control unplugged and or relay unplugged it does not run
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No fan does not run with controller unplugged and or relay unplugged

This would mean the controller has failed. If it was wiring or relay it would still run with controller plugged in. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
did not fix it, fan does still run with speed control and or resistor unplugged

I see, last time you told me it didn't run with them unplugged, I need to make sure you are giving me correct information so I can give you correct information. I also asked if fan still ran with relay unplugged not resistor. Did you try to remove relay under the hood to see if that shut it off?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Sorry it was running so low and slow I didn't realize at first, so if you pull the relay no it does not run. But with the speed switch unplugged it does run

Unplug the resistor and check each of the wires for ground, let me know which wires going to blower motor resistor are grounded. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Let you know Monday, THANKS

Sounds like a plan, I'll talk to you then. Thanks again and have a good weekend. So far it sounds like a wire is shorted to ground or controller has failed but we will need to do some testing to know for sure.

Dan, Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you, ***** ***** was in the mode/on-off switch- I installed new control head and fixed.
Dan, Technician