Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I hav A 98 Ford ranger 2wd 2.5 lt M/T. Wipers doesn’t work.

Customer Question
Hi there. I hav A...
Hi there. I hav A 98 Ford ranger 2wd 2.5 lt M/T. Wipers doesn’t work. What I hav done. Installed new motor, relay, switch. Fuse. Still no work. Is this truck it has a body control module
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 5 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you have a digital volt meter and a test light so we can do some testing?

I do hav both

The first thing I need you to do is set your meter to dc volts, and with the black test lead on a good ground, check fuse 16 in the fuse box under the dash on both sides with the ignition switch in the run position, and see if you have 12 volts to both sides of the fuse please.

I did iit. Is good

The next thing to do will be to check both of the wiper control relays. Do you know where both of them are?

Only one
Can u send location for both

The wiper park relay and hi/lo relay are both in the fuse box under the hood, next to each other.

I got it

Swap both relays with the horn and wiper washer relay and see if the wipers will work.

I did it. The wiper turn on once. No anymore

Do you have a scan tool that will pull body control codes?

I got versus edge

See if there are any body codes please.

There’s no code
Where is the body control module location

I am so sorry, somehow I lost this string. Do you still need my help?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician