Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having blue smoke on my tail pipes at full throttle...or…

Customer Question
Hi I'm having blue...

Hi I'm having blue smoke on my tail pipes at full throttle...or when boosting

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

Well it's a focus st 07 model. Done 74k...oil loss slight only top up like once in a long while.coolant yeah I need top up every 2 to 3 weeks depending on use.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus ST yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah I'm doing the fix and it's been months now can't seem to nail the solution.i hav replaced valve seals.oil filter housing and had my turbo rebuilt.all done in the last 6 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Oh yeah....sometimes I can find spilled on the engine cover.bt ever since I added a stopper to the breather pipe I don't see oil anymore however, the smoking has increased.even after oil filter housing replacement.now I jus don't know wht to do.regular engine services throughout...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
11/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 4 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

You say the turbo has been rebuilt has any one checked the turbo hoses for splits or damage, a split hose will cause black smoke.

Please keep me informed.

I have since returned the car to the guys who did rebuilt to the turbo to re check it....they say turbo is jus fine...checked the turbo oil drain pipe....fine too....however the crossover pipe has oil on it...i think it's the same oil tht goes thru th intercooler nd eventually reaches engine and get burnt to cause blue smoke.....bt um not sure wht would cause oil to leak into turbo compressor wheel if it's said to be working jus fine(turbo oil seals said to be fine too).....um really stuck....��

The only place the oil can come from is the turbo .

What you dont want is to much oil in the cylinders the engine will over rev and blow up.

please keep me informed.

Alright ....so what do i suggest or recommend i do?

Hi so sorry just moved had no internet.

You could go and get a second opionion from another garage.

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician