Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I left a light on in my car and the battery went dead.

Customer Question
I left a light...

I left a light on in my car and the battery went dead. Someone helped me jump off my car. Ow my car is saying steering assist fault service required and service advancetrac

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No I Just had a neighbor jump my car withstood cables

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2015 Fusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just tried turning on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My car is saying battery life low, features temporarily unavailable

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/22/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The battery life low is message is likely due to the battery having been ran down and that may have also caused the other messages to set as well. Dose the steering feel normal since you got it running?

No is doesn’t, my wheel won’t turn off

Okay before you do anything try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a few minutes to clear the systems and then reconnect the cable and start the engine and see if the messages clear and the problem clears and let me know the results.

Sir, I don’t know what this is.

There are two cables on the battery, one is the positive cable marked with a + at the post and the other is the negative post marked with a - , loosen the tighting bolt to it and pull it off for a few minutes to clear the computer.

It’s not loosening

You need an 8mm socket to loosen the bolt and then take a pair of pliers and twist and pull up and it will come off.

Is this the only solution? Because i don’t have an 8mm socket.

Unfortunately yes it is the only solution if you going to remove the cable to clear the system. The cable is not going to come off until it has been loosened.