Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 Ford Explorer high beams only work if I hold the…

My 2003 Ford Explorer...

My 2003 Ford Explorer high beams only work if I hold the handle back. I saw an answer but it was not in mechanics for dummies lingo

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?

Not yet no clue which ones to check and if it was a fuse would they come on at all?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven’t tried trying to find out a cause and go from there, doing myself cuz all my mechanics keep getting arrested or killing themselves in jail.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s all that seems to be wrong

11/22/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Ok try to put it in mechanics for dummies lingo
I’ll have to do it while it’s not in motion taking hubby to work
Is it possible for me to call when I’m back home?

Hey how are you ,I will try to help you with this issue,I will .lol

click on link to view the switch you need replaced ,this one on ebay as an example

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-Expedition-TURN-SIGNAL-WIPER-multi-combo-SWITCH-OEM-02-03-04-05-06/263288484506?epid=1824829341&hash=item3d4d37729a:g:IjoAAOSwYGFU1ZV~&vxp=mtr

the multi purpose switch ,the stalk that you moving to keep it on is most likely is the cause but further testing is needed

click on link to view the pdf file showing the switch location around the steering wheel

you need to get to it and check the connector for any pins melted or backed out ,if all good,replace it ,go to local parts store like advance auto or auto zone, they have them in stock usually

Please let me know if you can view diagram

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I can pull it up but it’s too blurry to read
Yeah it didn’t make sense it’d be a bulb since it actually comes on
Is it for checking the switch?

not the diagram to show location, you just take the steering covers off and then 3 4 screws Phillips head, will take it off and unplug connector

Steering covers? Can I find this on YouTube lol
Shit gotta drive now

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

If all my mechanics. Going to jail and killing themselves in jail I would be able to get this fixed
I’m spent over $800 getting my vehicles out of towing companies having it re-keyed it’s ridiculous

yes now days keys to redo are expensive since key has to be re synced etc..