Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got powered to the alternator in big wire aND the yellow…

I got powered to the...
I got powered to the alternator in big wire aND the yellow wire but she tg car is running nou power coming out of the gray wire
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/22/2017
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is***** see you have power on the large battery wire and the yellow wire, that is good, then you say "but she tg", not sure what that means. I assume you have no power on the light green wire?

T​o check for power on the light green wire either use a digital multimeter or ground the light green wire and see if the battery light comes on in the cluster with the key on.

If you need more help, just post your questions and I will answer them as soon as I can. thanks Scott

The battery light comes on when I start it and it don't charge and no power coming out of the gray wire plus this is the second alternator I put on went and got another one yesterday and still does the same thing

Where are you getting these alt's?

If you have power on all the 3 of the wires except the stator wire it has to be alternator inoperative.

All the fuses are good and orileys is where I am getting the alternator
when I try to start it on the car can it be destroying alternators
Because this is the second alternator I'm getting from the parts store
Excuse me that would be the third alternator if I take it back today
One more question can it be my ground wire for my battery to my frame but it seems everything else is working so would that make a difference
It is possible. Do a voltage drop with vehicle running blower motor and headlights on go black to negative battery and red to engine block should be less than .5 volt same thing with positive red to positive battery and black lead to Alf out wire should be less than 1/2 or .5 of a volt. Any higher and you have poor connections.
I will check all the wiring
the only thing I haven't checked is the voltage I don't have a voltage meter have to go get one

Ok, let me know what the voltage drops are. Thanks Scott

Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician