Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 Ford F350 5.4 will not start. Slow turning over. New…

Customer Question
2009 Ford F350 5.4...

2009 Ford F350 5.4 will not start. Slow turning over. New battery, starter, and new ignition switch. Key tumbler has not been changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is new, just got it. Also replaced battery cables with Ford cable harness.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I started by replacing a dead battery. Still slow cranking, then replaced the starter. Still slow cranking. Did a voltage drop test. cables failed the test, so I replaced the cables. Still slow cranking. Replaced ignition switch. Still slow cranking, no start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you tried to remove the serpentine belt and then try to start it?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. Was off on vacation for a week and a half. Today is my first day back. Thanks for your suggestion, I removed the serpentine belt and the engine turned freely. The AC compressor was frozen. Thanks again.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician