Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hood latch won't release. 2003 f250 super duty. A flat piece…

Customer Question
Hood latch won't release ...

Hood latch won't release

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you hear a thunk when you pull the lever?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 f250 super duty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

A flat piece of steel between the hood and the grill

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to assist you with this today.

This is a pretty common problem on the super duty models. Most of the time it is a broken hood cable. Do you have anyone there that can pull the release handle while you watch the latch? We need to verify if it is fact a broken cable or a stuck latch. If it is the latch assembly we can manipulate it open using a screwdriver/pick