Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A FORD GPS, BACK UP CAMERA, SYNC INSTALLED IN MY 201…

I HAVE A FORD...

I HAVE A FORD GPS, BACK UP CAMERA, SYNC INSTALLED IN MY 201 SPORT TRAC. I ALSO HAVE A COMPLETE POWER ANTENNA KIT # 6L2Z-18850-AA AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THE POWER ANTENNA. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO OR CAN'T IT BE DONE?

11/22/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The best thing to do here is to contact a dealer to see if they sell or make a retro fit kit for this model to install this setup as sometimes this is a possibility.If this is or was checked already and no kit is available in some cases this cannot be done.Even if it can be done a dealer may have to change the programming in your model to allow this to work.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thanks, ***** ***** cigar. I knew all the things you said. Hate to say this but your answer sounds like the talking heads who respond to web sights with opinion's. You supplied -0- answers, no data, and expressed an opinion. No value at all. You don't really want to rate this do you??Don

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have myself on this here.Let me open this up for others here to see if anyone else can help further on this as someone else here may have more info to help with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** the vehicle originally come with a power anttena?

Hi Pete;
Spend several years as a service manger for Porsche/Audi, M/B, Saab, BMW etc., 34 years at Sikorsky A/C as manufacturing Engineer. I've build many cars and love to do things which the factory never did. My S/T has F150 tail gate camera, GPS, power R/S seat, Limited carpets, Limited "wood trim", ambient lighting, remote start, garage door openers, etc.We'll see where this goes. either it can be done and will probably require a reprograming of the radio/GPS or it can't be supported with the configuration of the S/T. No simple answer for this one except if it's HFW.
Thanks
Don
That's NFW
eric remington

so the kit came with no instructions? call the parts dept at your local ford dealer they should be able to tell you if reprogramming is required

Don they may also be able to get you instructions....buy it online? or at a dealer?

Local dealer is useless when it comes to anything different.
Let me make it simple
I have a 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin, 4.6 2WD.
Tasca Ford R.I. installed a "factory GPS, system, I used a F150 back up camera.
I have a 2010 Explore power antenna (actually (3) if anyone needs a new antenna, give me a call.
Will the factory GPS "head" supply a signal for the power antenna? It has a (4) round connector.
Simple question for some who is familiar with these systems, just can't find anyone qualified. Don't need suggestions, need facts.
Thanks
Don

would you like a factory schematic? you can ck the wires and see if you have power with a multimeter...give me the vin and I will supply a schematic if you wish

I have the Ford 2010 Explorer factory electrical manual. I'm about to pull out the GPS and check if there a "power" plug for the antenna. Biggest question is/will the GPS have to reprogramed "IF" there is a power plug. Bigger question I was looking for an answer too was do the "factory " GPS's have a power plug with out pulling the unit.

TSB 10-6-3

04/12/10

SIRIUS RADIO AND NEXT GENERATION NAVIGATION
CONCERNS - BUILT BEFORE 3/8/2010

FORD:
2010 Fusion, Mustang, Taurus
2009-2010 E-Series, Edge, Escape,
Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac, Explorer,
F-150, F-Super Duty, Flex

LINCOLN:
2009-2010 MKS
2010 MKZ
2009-2010 MKX, Navigator
2010 MKT

MERCURY:
2010 Milan
2009-2010 Mariner, Mountaineer

ISSUE
Some 2009-2010 vehicles built on or before 3/8/2010 and equipped with Sirius Radio with Navigation, may exhibit repeated traffic incident warnings every 2 minutes in some areas, VIN number displayed in the Navigation system does not match the vehicle's VIN, Juke box can not delete or shuffle songs and the MKZ (without THX(R)) speakers fade incorrectly.

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1.Locate the upgrade kit, FCS-21 099-KIT.

a. These kits were shipped to the dealership in Mid-March 2010.

b. This kit (FCS-21099-KIT) includes:

(1)1 CD - FCS-21099-CD.

(2) 1 DVD - FCS-21099-DVD.

(3) 1 Instruction Sheet - FCS-21099-INS.

2.Update the Navigation system using FCS-21099-KIT.

NOTE
IF ADDITIONAL UPGRADE KITS ARE NEEDED, CONTACT HELM INC. AT 1-***-***-****.

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME 100603A Update The Navigation 0.3 Hr. System

DEALER CODING
CONDITION BASIC PART NO. CODE RECAL 42

TSB 11-11-16

11/18/11

SIRIUS RADIO WITH NAVIGATION - VARIOUS
FUNCTIONALITY CONCERNS - BUILT ON OR
BEFORE 3/8/2010

FORD:
2010 Fusion, Mustang, Taurus
2009-2010 E-150, E-250, E-350, Edge,
Escape, Expedition, Explorer Sport Trac,
Explorer, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, Flex

LINCOLN:
2009-2010 MKS
2010 MKZ
2009-2010 MKX, Navigator
2010 MKT

MERCURY:
2010 Milan
2009-2010 Mariner, Mountaineer

This article supersedes TSB 10-20-11 to update the Issue Statement and Service Procedure

ISSUE
Some 2009-2010 vehicles equipped with Sirius Radio and Navigation, built on or before 3/8/2010, may exhibit intermittent Sirius traffic flow and incident information appearing and disappearing in metropolitan areas, a repeat traffic incident warning every 2 minutes in some areas, VIN number displayed in the Navigation system does not match the vehicle, Jukebox cannot delete or shuffle songs, and MKZ (without THX) speakers fade incorrectly

ACTION
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition

SERVICE PROCEDURE

NOTE
ATTEMPTING THIS UPDATE ON A VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE IT WILL DAMAGE THE AUDIO CONTROL MODULE (ACM)

1.Confirm vehicle build date:

a. If build date is on or after 3/9/2010, do not continue with this article Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 415-00, for normal diagnostics

b. If build date is on or before 3/8/2010, proceed to Step 2

2.Check the navigation system software level

Press the information (i) button, select System Info tab, and check the last line for the software level (eg SW: B1UXXXX):

a. If software level is one of the following:

B1U32025, B1U52011, or B1U62015,
proceed to Step 3

b. If 2009 Lincoln MKS with navigation system and software level B1U32025, contact Helm Inc. at 1-***-***-****, prompt 1, for a new kit Kit can be identified by the included DVD, FCS-21099DVD2. After kit is received, proceed to Step 3.

c. If software level is not B1U32025, B1U42015, B1U52011, or B1U62015, do not continue with this article Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 415-00, for normal diagnostics

3.Perform software update:

a. Locate update kit, FCS-21099-KIT Kits were originally shipped to dealerships mid-March 2010 Kit (FCS-21099-KIT) includes one (1) CD (FCS-21099-CD), one (1) DVD (FCS-21099-DVD or FCS-21099DVD2), one (1) Instruction Sheet (FCS-21099-INS)

If a new kit is needed, contact Helm Inc at 1-***-***-****, prompt 1.

b. Update the Navigation system using FCS-21099KIT

IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME 111116A Update The Navigation 0.3 Hr. System

DEALER CODING
CONDITION BASIC PART NO. CODE 10E887 04

Antenna Cable - Satellite Radio

Vehicles Without Navigation

NOTE: Instrument panel shown removed for clarity.

Zoom/Print

Click for full-size image

Click for full-size image

Removal and Installation

NOTE: Vehicles without navigation only have an upper satellite radio antenna cable.

Lower cable (vehicles with navigation)

NOTE: The lower satellite antenna cable is only serviceable by cutting the ends off the existing antenna cable and taping them to prevent NVH concerns. The new cable should be overlaid on the electrical harness and secured, as necessary.

1. Remove the Audio Control Module (ACM). For additional information, refer to Audio Control Module (ACM) See: Communications Control Module > Removal and Replacement > Audio Control Module (ACM).

Upper cable (all vehicles)

2. Remove the RH A-pillar trim panel.

3. Disconnect the satellite antenna electrical connector.

Both cables

4. NOTE: Lower the glove compartment completely to access the connection.

Disconnect the upper satellite radio antenna cable from the Satellite Digital Audio Receiver System (SDARS) module (vehicles without navigation) or the lower satellite radio antenna cable (vehicles with navigation).

5. Remove the satellite radio antenna cable.

6. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

pics

ff1323d9-0426-47c2-b6d3-...pngff1323d...pngd1a3d9a1-11a5-4d15-94c2-...pngd1a3d9a...png8249bf54-a86f-4a47-b23e-...png8249bf5...pngd38d22e1-24ca-461c-8ea0-...pngd38d22e...png

your gps module should be updated to the most recent software...

Inspection and Verification

1. Verify the customer concern.

2. Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage.

Visual Inspection Chart

Zoom/Print

Click for full-size image

3. If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.

4. NOTE: Make sure to use the latest scan tool software release.

If the cause is not visually evident, connect the scan tool to the Data Link Connector (DLC).

5. NOTE: The Vehicle Communication Module (VCM) LED prove-out confirms power and ground from the DLC are provided to the VCM.

If the scan tool does not communicate with the VCM:

- Check the VCM connection to the vehicle.

- Check the scan tool connection to the VCM.

- Refer to Information Bus, No Power To The Scan Tool, to diagnose no power to the scan tool.

6. If the scan tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
- Verify the ignition key is in the ON position.

- Verify the scan tool operation with a known good vehicle.

- Refer to Information Bus to diagnose no response from the PCM.

7. Carry out the network test.
- If the scan tool responds with no communication for one or more modules, refer to Information Bus.

- If the network test passes, retrieve and record the continuous memory DTCs.

8. NOTE: Do not press any buttons on the ACM while it is carrying out the self-test.

Clear the continuous DTCs and carry out the self-test diagnostics for the ACM.

9. If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to DTC Charts . For all other DTCs, refer to the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Chart in Body Control Systems. See: Body Control Systems > Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions > Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Chart

10. If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, GO to Symptom Charts. See: Accessories and Optional Equipment > Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures > Information and Entertainment Systems

Hi Eric;
Nice to chat with someone who understand and does not offer "opinions" like the chat rooms. It's T-day, have some turkey and a drink or two. I'm old, lazy and not too bright and am still "playing " with my toys. I bought the ST and it had a sync raio installed. I tried to get a gaps installed but the dealers wanted $3/4,000 so I didn't do it then. I remember racing against TASCA Ford back in the 60's so called them. They would do it so I was going to CT any way so sent the ST to them, (2012). They installed the GPS, hooked up the F150 tail gate camera and all worked well until the drive back to Fl. Everything worked great, back up camera had the DUMMY LINES" but the illumination didn't light up. I took it the local dealer here in Fl. and they "FIXED" it. The "dummy lines" disappeared and the "said" I need a new camera a with the lines in it (B/S). Lived with the "new" unit since then but now want to add the power antenna.
Thanks for the help.
Don.

If Ive been of any help please rate me....also you too have a great thanksgiving....I had a shop in Naples 2010 2014....miss those warm winter months

Thanks Eric;
Guess the basic answer is YES, the GPS HAS a "power plug" for the antenna. Now it's up to me to get a Ford Dealership to:
1. Check my "rev" level of "updates"
2. Reprogram/update as required.
"Turn on" the antenna power if not all ready "ON"Have a great T-day and if every in the Stuart area, stop by of dinner and drinks, spare room in "we" drink to much.Thanks and have a great T-Day.
Don
10477 SE Marlin Cir.
Hobe Sound, Fl. 33455

yes for satellite radio it would have to

eric remington

next time I'm down there Ill cross alligator alley and take you up on that drink...

Always welcome. Think you'd like my garage and projects.
2010 Sport Trac with all Ford options + some which they never installed on a S/T
Soon to get a 2014 F150 3.5 EB engine and trans. Next spring.
1977 Bronco being built as "NEW", 5.0 Coyote engine and trans. (project)
1966 Mustang convertible "Shelby replica" not just scoops and stripes either. (project)
1974 TR6 w/3.5 GM V6, T5, Cobra IRS center section. (project)Call me when in the area and spend the week end or few days, warm in the winter.Don (###) ###-####