Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Temp gauge goes to HOT but car doesn't overheat. No leaking…

Customer Question
Temp gauge goes to...

Temp gauge goes to HOT but car doesn't overheat

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?

No leaking but it appears to be low

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 Ford Escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and nothing just happened this morning

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

This can only be one of two thing. The temp sending unit or the gauge.

You can check both with a scan tool.

Many parts stores loan out this toll too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.