Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In traffic, when I stop at light and then need to move

Customer Question
In traffic, when I...

In traffic, when I stop at light and then need to move forward it acts like it is in natural. Engine will race and then the transmission will engage and car will jerk forward. Now my engine light is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Ford Escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to ford in Louisburg Ks (just before my warrantee ran out) and they ran a diagnostic but said it did not show anything. It is so intermittent but today on the way to work the engine light came on.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Since the check engine light has come on with this fault here the computer has picked up on this issue.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can plug into your model and can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.This will help to narrow down and locate the fault occuring here.

This can be a fault with a shift or pressure control solenoid or even a valve body fault in the transmission/gearbox itself.

The codes do need read out to help to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete