Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0 24 valve engine with 49,000

HI - have a...

HI - have a 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0 24 valve engine with 49,000 miles - problem is when a/c is turned on blows HOT AIR only no matter what the temp is set at(digital temp switch), all selections floor, dash, defrost & floor /dash work fine. A/C is charged, checked fuses 27 & 32, clutch engages when auto or max is turned on. Removed blend door actuator- moved temp switch from 60 to 90 degrees but the old or new actuator white shaft does not rotate or move Is there a different fuse for this? Help need a/c in Florida!

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

Clutch stays engaged. Tranny shifts fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself. Checked freon charge - it was a little low so charged somewhat, checked fuses 27 & 32, disconnected blend door actuator try a new one no movement on either shaft when temp ismoved from 60 to 90 degrees

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also my cruise control does not work when activated. thats it for now Thanks

11/21/2017
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this a new blend door actuator?

from Auto Zone

Okay , start first with making sure they sold you the correct one. The EATC actuator looks just like the one for the manual system but will not work. If after you make sure you do have the correct actuator then run the self test on the system and be sure to clear the system with the last step bey pressing the defrost button. Doing this will reset the system and if the new actuator is okay and you have a signal from the controller the system should work. See the self test in the link below. Run is and let me know the results.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v74vg32qhl3o9my/Selt%20test%20Nov%2021.pdf?dl=0

it works!!! I put the old one back in it works fine a/c air was pumping out 39 Degrees and hot air 87 degrees. Codes show were 051 & 025, what do they mean? Thanks Ron!!
On the cruise control - won't engage nor does the cruise control light come on in the dash.

The 25 means the blend door had failed and the code 51 can set if the system was low on Creon. It could have been you just needed to reset it. As long as it working now and the system is full you should be fine. Due to Justanswers sight policy we are not allowed to address new topics in the same post. If you want to open a new question we can help you with the cruise. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Ron, ASE Certified Technician