Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery drain! New Alternator, and battery... Car dies

Customer Question
Battery drain! New...

Battery drain! New Alternator, and battery... Car dies randomly, or gages go crazy wanting to shut off but don't. Battery has drained a few times now but I have wires all over the place .attached to a ped fuse, its a mess. I believe I have something not grounded but then again I know nothing! HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No not really. Ive checked the ones I believe are important?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 Mustang Base

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well haven't really fixed much and Yes on my own

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have pictures but it might take a minute to get them off my phone?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Good evening, I hope you are doing grrat. My name is ***** ***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to assist you with this.Do you have access to a multimeter to perform a few voltage tests?I would recommend first tracing and inspecting the wires from the alternator, these are pretty common to get old/brittle and start to cause signal issues. If all the wires there look good then we will need to move onto the next step