Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 ford Taurus 3 ltr warms abit then goes cool if I turn…

Customer Question
2000 ford Taurus 3...

2000 ford Taurus 3 ltr warms abit then goes cool if I turn off fan for abit it warms and goes cool again

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I flushed heater core all clear changed thermostat changed coolant changed recovery tank

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

160000 mileage is very good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 5 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello are both heater hoses hot to the touch? Has any work been done to the cooling system and now this problem occurs?

both are hot .already flushed cooling system (twice) .this season just didn't work 100%.

Ok if both hoses are hot to the touch but you had the cooling system open, then you probably have an air pocket in the cooling system. If one heater hose isnt the same temperature then the heater core could be clogged up. The best way to remove an air pocket is to either run the vehicle on full heat and at a high rpm until the system burps or drain the system and refill the cooling system using a tool that will pull the cooling system under a vacuum to purge the air out of the system. Airlift is one such tool made for this process.

tried that.went to Hamilton and back to Toronto with the same warming and cooling

Then air is in the system and it needs to be purged using a vacuum refilling tool

Long as there are no leaks in the system and its full of coolant but blows cool to hot air then its an air pocket.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans