Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It is backfiring through the. My engine is backfiring

Customer Question
It is backfiring through...

It is backfiring through the carburetor

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

My engine is backfiring through the carburetor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

86 f250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I turned the engine by hand to 0 degrees on the crank and I took the distributor cap off and adjusted it to where the 1 cylinder plug is above the rotor and it backfires through the carburetor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The engine is a ford 460

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Have you verified you have the firing order correct?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician