Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 battery was replaced,altenator,replaced. Replaced

Customer Question
2002 battery was replaced,altenator,replaced...

2002 battery was replaced,altenator,replaced. Replaced starter today. Son drove it home. Went out to start it. Wouldn't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Cleaned and checked.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Ford?

Taurus 3.3 engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sons car he replaced battery,altenator and starter.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would it start with bad starter relay,or bad fuse.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So we need to do some electrical testing on this, first I would check the signal and main wire at the starter when the key is in the start position

I will not be able to do this tonight.I will use a multimeter.With it set for 12volt dc.Should I put probe on starter line and ground other probe. What should I be reading.

should be battery voltage at both and black on good ground a red lead on what your checking