Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 f350 diesel. Keeps blowing fuse 27 in the cab. They…

Customer Question
2008 f350 diesel. Keeps...

2008 f350 diesel. Keeps blowing fuse 27 in the cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

They did. I pulled out fuse 28, 43, 45 and under the hood relay 57 and when i turn key forward it lasts about one second

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Thats about the most i have done. It first died when i was backing up went forward about 30 feet put into reverse made it about 7 feet. Before that truck sat idling for an hour and a half

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Im cold as *#~^ and far from anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Im cold in the middle of nowhere and not only is my phone at 9% power i dont have may fuses please hurry
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 8 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

H​ello my name is ***** ***** me take a look at whats on that fuse 27 circuit.

Fuse 27 feeds several other fused circuits, if there was a problem with them the other circuits, the other fuses should have blown, since it is 27 I suspect a wiring short either from the smart junction box to the ignition switch, or the feed wire that goes out under the hood for the relay. I am suspecting the white with orange wire from the ignition switch may be grounded, the only way to find a short like this is start removing circuits one at a time until the fuse doesn't blow. Here is a diagram.