Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2014 Ford Edge, 55,000 miles. Last fall (2016) began getting

Customer Question

2014 Ford Edge, 55,000 miles. Last fall (2016) began getting the "Shutting Down System To Save Battery" message and the ""Take key out of ignition or turn car on" message (Key is in my hand, car not running). Had to replace the battery last January (2017). Now getting the same messages (not every time I start or shut down the car). Had all modules checked out, no problems. Battery and alternator appear to be working roperly. What gives? I see this is a CHRONIC problem for Ford.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: As I said, battery is recently purchased and installed. No corrosion. Cables at the battery are tight.
JA: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Certified NON Ford mechanics have looked at it. Now you are aware this is a long standing problem of Fords?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thought I was chatting with the mechanic, sorry
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Just so I understand these messages are not shown while driving the vehicle, correct?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have demanded that this "order" be terminated NOW. Bunch of bs
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Do not call, cancel this b.s. NOW.

Use the contact us link and the website will help with that.