Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 ford Taurus and i need to disconnect the PCM…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 ford...
I have a 2001 ford Taurus and i need to disconnect the PCM circuit that makes a contact to ground and brings in the starter relay
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

why are you wanting to disconnect the starter relay control circuit? if the wire from the relay to the pcm has good continuity and doesnt have a high resistance to ground, then the pcm is bad.

Because by doing do and then grounding should allow my car to start in essence by- passing the anti- theft system which has been destroyed under dash

thats not going to bypass anything. the pats system disable the fuel injectors.

as Vegas NV
May 25, 2013 · #9
Someone who can't keep track of their keys may be giving an indication of a more serious problem.
daveya48187
Jan 27, 2014 · #10
Disable Ford pats anti theft for $0
2002 Ford Taurus v6 3.0L DOHC
The idea is to disconnect the pcm circuit which makes a contact to ground and brings in the starter relay. The anti theft allows the pcm starting contact to close or not to close. You need a wiring manual to identify the exact wire in the starting circuit that has to be cut in two. Free wiring diagrams are found on BBBind.com, register for free, go to technical info, tsb's and wiring diagrams, agree to the conditions, and choose wiring diagrams then enter your vehicle info. if you can't find it there then go to ebay and you can get a used one, in the search box type your vehicle year, make and wiring manual, I got one for $8.00.
The start diagram probably won't show the anti theft circuit. Cut the wire in two that goes to your pcm start contact and tape it up, this will not cause any damage to the pcm. To be sure you've got the correct wire attach a voltmeter on the other half of the wire and to ground, turn the key to start and the meter should go from 0 to 12 volts. release the key and it should go back to 0. Jumper this wire to ground and then you can start the vehicle, the anti theft system has been bypassed. If your electrically minded you should be able to adapt this concept to your own vehicle. I did it to mine. This was posted in Taurus car club of America
Well I am waiting for your reply

Manufacturers' corporate policies prohibit the bypassing of anti theft systems or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain that information and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer now prohibits the posting any bypassing procedures.

its a liability issue. we don't know if you own the vehicle or not.

I will open this up to the other techs. Good luck.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I do not mind helping you do this if you would like but the car will only crank, it will not start as a result.