Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford radio from mid 90s and want to install it in…

Customer Question
I have a Ford...

I have a Ford radio from mid 90s and want to install it in my 1986 Ford F150 The radio is a F42F-19B 132-Da but I do not have the power plug so I have no idea how to wire power or speakers

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I have a radio now but no Fm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing don't know where to start if I could get a wire diagram for this radio I could do it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

From the part number this looks like you have a radio out of a 1994 , do you need the wiring diagram for this radio?

please

There are to systems for the 1994, one is the base system and the other is the premium sound system, do you know which radio you have?

F42F-19B 132-DA

That looks to be the base system without an amplifier. The premium sound system come with a amp. Have a look at the wiring diagram below. This should be the one your needing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrmh6z7arexfbcg/Base%20radio%20Nov%2020.pdf?dl=0

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Was not any help

It was the factory wiring diagram you requested. What was it that you still needed.

Need to match those post to back of radio

Im not able to come up with a connector view due to the age. I can open it back up for you and perhaps someone else may have one.

Thanks for trying guess I will have to buy a radio with wire harness

One other option you may want to consider it locating a salvage unit where you can get the connector from it. The 1993 to 1996 is the same unit as long as the truck has the base model in it.