Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

F450 shut off and want start back. 08. Took the negative…

Customer Question
F450 shut off and...

F450 shut off and want start back

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F450?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F450 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the negative battery cable off to reset the computer. It work and we drove for 15 miles then it shut off indefinitely

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It threw a code 0242e and several other that I can't remember

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 7 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello,so this is a diesel engine? What are the other codes that came up, that is important. Did it run rough or just shut off? It cranks over normally now?