Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I just replaced the max flow sensor and now im getting

Customer Question

hi george - i just replaced the max flow sensor and now im getting "vacuum hoses clogged or leaking" from the code list. I can't figure out what's causing that.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: I went to auto zone and used their check engine sensor. i thing it was 176 and the description listed the vacuum hoses as the problem
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 03 Ranger 3.0
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, trying to figure out which hoses could be the problem. I can only identify one hose that runs from the evap to the header
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just if there are more hoses and where the heck hey are located.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you saying the code was P0176?

Why was the MAF sensor replaced in the first place?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Previous code

What are the current codes?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I believe 0176 - but I could be wrong - the description was vacuum hoses are leaking or dirty

There is no such code P0176 for this vehicle?