Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer. I tried to replace the non

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer. I tried to replace the non working cigarette lighter. I originally had power but I accidently touched the live wire to a negative. Thinking I blew a fuse I replaced the 15 amp fuse and now it won't start but turns over and there is no electric guages, etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

No only the driver's side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

So I need to find the other fuse panel?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Have you gone through to confirm all fuses are in place, and non are faulty?

It is not the fuses under the dash. Which fuse under the hood is likely to shut the power off in the vehicle? The door locks and the engine turns over but won't start.
No.