Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 2011 F-150 heating/cooling climate controls will not

allow air to pass through...
My 2011 F-150 heating/cooling climate controls will not allow air to pass through the dashboard vents. Defrost and floor air flows appropriately.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: Yes... water pump replaced by ford last year (within last 12 months)
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not tried to fix anything; don't know where to begin looking
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the problem is isolated to the dash vents not receiving air
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok

there is a mode door motor that control this function. I will attach a picture and the procedure for you to view

Roy

Mode Door Actuator - Defrost/Panel/Floor Door

Zoom/Print

<div class="no-zoom-container ng-scope" "="" ng-click="vm.repairService.goToADConnectURL(vm.repairService.repairObject.url + '/image_article/1/')" style="box-sizing: border-box; cursor: pointer; position: relative; font-family: app; speak: none; line-height: 1; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; display: inline-block; padding: 10px 10px 25px; font-size: 14px;">

Removal and Installation

NOTE: The defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator can be accessed from underneath the LH side of the instrument panel.

1. Disconnect the defrost/panel/floor door mode door actuator electrical connector.

2. Remove the 2 defrost/panel/floor door mode door actuator screws.

3. Remove the defrost/panel/floor door mode door actuator.

4. NOTICE: The ignition key must be off when replacing the actuator. Energizing the actuator before installation will cause the part to become positioned incorrectly and proper orientation will be lost. Incorrect actuator operation will result.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

5. Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel.

6. NOTE: The purpose of the module actuator position calibration is to allow the HVAC module to reinitialize and calibrate the actuator stop points. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps.

Remove Body Control Module BCM (Body Control Module) fuse 46 for at least one minute.

7. NOTE: When the ignition switch is switched to the ON position, the HVAC module will initialize and calibrate the actuators. Calibration of the actuators will take approximately 30 seconds.

Reinstall BCM (Body Control Module) fuse 46. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait 30 seconds before verifying correct mode door actuator operation.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
would it be appropriate to first look at the fuse #46 and attempt recalibration? or should I begin as you wrote with the removals etc....?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
just answer is giving me some error in my credit card, but I've verified all the information is correct?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Roy..... have I lost you?

I am here

I do not do the money that is the site

try it again

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
thanks roy..... I am attempting the recalibration right now and hopeful

ok good let me know

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
it didn't work.... which tells me it may be the actuator that is bad?

that is correct. I would replace it

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
thank you roy.... hopefull the folks will help me with my payment error message. I appreciate your assistance.

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
will do

thank you

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest