Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Triangle with engine malfunction on. Manual 141000 miles. 09…

Customer Question
Triangle with engine malfunction...

Triangle with engine malfunction on

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Manual 141000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

09 focus estate1.6 turbo diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Done three 30 min hard drives I think its DPF

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

HAD DPF FLUID TOPPED UP ABOUT 10000 MILES AGO DO A LOT OF STOP START DRIVING

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

These lights will come on to indicate a fault is detected within the engine/transmission computer.There are several components that can cause this issue here from failing sensors or solenoid,wiring at fault,control unit fault or even a fault with the dpf system.

What has to be done from here to locate the fault is the fault codes have to be checked/read out with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once the codes are read out they can then be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done since there are so many components on your vehicle that can cause this issue.Most shops or a dealer can read out and diagnose the fault as well as repair it for a fee.I am not sure of your location but in the USA a local parts store will read out fault codes free of charge,they usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault needing repaired or replaced to resolve this issue here.This has to be done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

i allready knew this thank you anyway

Unfortunately there are allot of components that can cause both of these lights to come on and the only way to know for sure which component is at fault is to have the codes checked.I would say there can be around 100 different components that can cause these lights so its impossible to diagnose from here without knowing the code.Now if you can get the code and come back to this post here and post it I can then look into it further but without knowing the code I would be severely guessing at this.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete