Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 GT. Theft icon is on. The dash came out of another one…

Customer Question
2003 GT. Theft...

2003 GT. Theft icon is on. The dash came out of another one I have. The key to the one with the icon on is not the original key. Doesn't work in the doors/trunk. Any way to fix? Not going to flatbed it 40 miles to a dealer. I do want to get everything keyed the same with remote.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

Nothing with the trunk, car won't start because anti theft is on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

It ran before the dash was replaced. Read the original.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 5 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** until the computer recognizes the key, the vehicle will not start and if the dash was replaced, you will need to have the key that fits the ignition reprogrammed into the computer, the dealer can do this, but we use mobile locksmiths to come to the vehicle and program them, they are cheaper and it saves a tow bill to the dealer, our locl locksmith charges 70 dollars to come out and program them, the dealer geat over 200 dollars, but until the keys are reprogrammed, it will not start,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH