Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery went dead while i was away dont know if i left key…

Customer Question
Battery went dead while...

Battery went dead while i was away dont know if i left key on or age got it 2014 f150 with 5.0 in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Put new battery in and it started fine butt abs light brake fail light on and advancetrac flashing on dash

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Plug in code reader zip no codes at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you havent tried to drive it yet I would see if a short drive allows these lights to turn off.In some cases when voltage is lost like this it can cause these lights to come on and a short drive corrects the issue.If this does not correct the fault if you only used a simple code reader this may not be a tool fully compatible with your model to read all computers in your model.Some cheaper scan tools or code readers will only read the engine computer.You would need to have the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in the abs computer.Your scan tool may not be able to communicate with it which it would then show no codes present.Once you have the abs codes read out then they can be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.In some cases a local parts store can read out these codes at no charge to you,they wont be able to diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault.You can also come back to this post here and post the code info.But try the test drive and see if they clear.Also try turning the steering wheel all the way to one side then the other a few times in one swift motion with the engine running to see if it turns off these lights.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Ok I tried your remedies no good luck at all
Also tried pulling both battery terminals and let it set for ten mins and put back on No good all still lit up
Rocked steer whell side to side rapidly and went for that ride

O.k.,you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model.You will have at least one code set with this issue here that needs to be read out to then be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.I suspect the code reader you used showed no codes as it was unable to communicate with all other computers especially the anti lock brake computer.I have run into this several times before and had to use a fully compatible scan tool to get the codes I needed to then diagnose and repair them.A local parts store may be able to read them for you at no charge,just let them know you need the anti lock brake codes read out.But there has to be a code set with these lights on still and that is needed to locate the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician