Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2013 Ford Taurus 911 assist is sayin not operational and…

Customer Question
My 2013 Ford Taurus...

My 2013 Ford Taurus 911 assist is sayin not operational and is muting all my audio

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done a sync factory reset but that’s it I’ve tried disconnect the battery connecting and diconnecting my phone. I’m looking for the fuse box to see if there is possibly a blown fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, I’m not finding anything fuse for the mysync or mtf

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 day by:
11/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

No it has not been resolved. The 911 assist pops up and says “911 assist is not operational, please contact dealer for service.” Then all of my audio, voice commands, and phone options stop working. While driving it the audio popped on for about a min then went back to entertainment unavailable
Ford Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago

try this

MASTER RESET

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Wait, what am I touching with the battery? Take the battery out? Then touch it with battery cables?
Ford Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago

no,just disconnect the cable terminals and touch them with each other ,LEAVE BATTERY ALONE IN PLACE